Riad Des Arts Morocco: Uncover Marrakech's Hidden Gem (Luxury Stay Awaits!)
Riad Des Arts Morocco: Marrakech's Hidden Gem… Or Just a Really Pretty Box? (A Totally Honest Review)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't going to be your usual, sanitized hotel review. We're diving headfirst into the labyrinthine beauty of Riad Des Arts in Marrakech, and let me tell you, it's a trip. Forget the corporate jargon; we're going for real, raw, and hopefully, helpful.
Accessibility: Navigating the Souk and Beyond (or, How I Became a Wheelchair Warrior)
Right off the bat, let's talk accessibility. Marrakech, in general, isn't exactly the easiest city to navigate if you're relying on a wheelchair. Cobblestone streets? Narrow alleys? Expect a workout. Riad Des Arts does boast "facilities for disabled guests," and that's a plus, but I’d recommend contacting them directly before you go to get the lowdown. They're clearly trying, but Marrakech itself throws some serious obstacles at you.
Internet & Techie Stuff: Wi-Fi, Wireless & the Eternal Struggle (or, Did My Instagram Feed Survive the Souk?)
Thank the Wi-Fi gods! Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! That, my friends, is a lifesaver. And the Internet access – wireless works like a charm. I got my Instagram story out without too much pain. There's also Internet [LAN] if you're old school, but who uses LAN anymore? They're also offering Wi-Fi for special events, which is a nice touch if you're planning a wedding or something (I'm available to officiate, by the way. Just saying). Seriously, though, consistent internet is crucial.
Cleanliness & Safety: Sanitized Kitchens & Maybe a Ghost or Two?
Okay, pandemic times, right? Riad Des Arts is taking this seriously, and I give them major props for that. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, room sanitization between stays… the whole shebang. I saw the staff really going at it, so I felt safe. They also offer room sanitization opt-out available, so that's thoughtful, and they adhere to physical distancing of at least 1 meter. The hand sanitizer is flowing freely, and the doctor/nurse on call is a nice insurance policy. Plus, CCTV in common areas and outside the property gave me peace of mind when I finally emerged from my jet lag cocoon and roamed the place.
Dining, Drinking & Snacking: From Tagine to Tantrums (My Stomach's Story)
Alright, the food. This is where things get…well, interesting. They offer a decent variety, but let me just say, don't expect Michelin-star perfection.
- Restaurants: Plural is key here. There's a main restaurant, naturally, and they’re offering Asian cuisine in restaurant - which, bless their hearts, is a valiant effort.
- Breakfast [buffet]: The breakfast [buffet] is decent (Western breakfast is available), with a good selection.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: I'm a coffee fiend, and the coffee was…well, it got the job done. No complaints.
- Room service [24-hour]: Thank God for this. After a long day of haggling in the souk, the option to order a tagine in your bathrobe at 2 am is a godsend.
- Poolside bar: Happy hour at the poolside bar? Yes, please! Made the Marrakech heat a lot more bearable.
On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: This is something to check on your own.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spa, Sauna, and the Art of Doing Absolutely Nothing (My Personal Mission)
The Riad shines in the relaxation department. Pool with view? Check. Sauna, Steamroom, Spa? Absolutely. The massage was heavenly. I might have actually drooled. I took an hour or two in the sauna, but then I took a second hour just contemplating what I just did.
A Spa Saga:
Let’s zone in on the spa. It’s designed for pure hedonism. The body scrub, body wrap, foot bath… the works. I went for a full afternoon of pampering, and it. Was. Bliss. I had a massage that made all my travel woes melt away. Seriously, if you're stressed, get the massage. Do it. It’s an investment in your sanity. And for a long time after, I felt like a brand new human.
For the Kids: Babysitters and Small People (or, Bring Your Earplugs)
Family/child friendly?! Yes, you can bring the kids, and they also offer a babysitting service.
Services and Conveniences: From Concierge to Currency Exchange (or, They Thought of Everything…Almost)
The staff at Riad Des Arts is generally wonderful. The concierge was a lifesaver in terms of booking tours and providing recommendations. Currency exchange? Yep. Doorman? Absolutely. Dry cleaning? Of course. Laundry service? You betcha. Luggage storage? Got it. They've pretty much thought of everything you could possibly need…except maybe world peace.
Rooms, Rooms, Glorious Rooms! (Or, My Bed WAS a Cloud)
The rooms are beautiful. Seriously, the decor is stunning. My room had air conditioning, which was essential. Complimentary tea and free bottled water were much appreciated. The daily housekeeping kept everything spotless. And the bed? Oh, the bed. Extra long bed, made me question my entire life choices. The slippers were a nice touch, too. I had a private bathroom with a separate shower/bathtub. Non-smoking rooms! Always a win. They're pretty serious about comfort and practicality.
Getting Around: Airport Transfers to Taxi Tango (or, Where’s My Donkey?)
They arrange airport transfer, which is crucial. Marrakech airport is…an experience. Car park [on-site], taxi service, are there to help.
The Verdict (and the Messy Bits):
Riad Des Arts is definitely a hidden gem. It's beautiful, the staff is lovely, and the focus on relaxation is spot-on. But it's not perfect. It's a human place.
The Downside:
- The noise: Marrakech is a noisy city. Even with soundproof rooms, you'll still hear some street noise.
- Food: While the food is generally good, it's not consistently amazing.
The Plus Side:
- The spa: Worth the price of admission alone.
- The ambiance: Beautiful, relaxing, and truly immersive.
- The staff: Friendly, helpful, and genuinely trying to make your stay special.
Overall: I loved it. Would I go back? Absolutely. Am I going to stop dreaming about that massage? Not a chance.
SO…READY TO BOOK?!
Here's the Pitch, Baby! (The Offer You Can't Refuse)
Escape to Marrakech's Oasis of Calm: Riad Des Arts. And Book Now!
Why Riad Des Arts? Because You Deserve It:
- Escape the Chaos: Step into a world of tranquility, far from the bustling souks.
- Luxurious Relaxation: Indulge in world-class spa treatments, a refreshing pool with a view, and all the amenities you need to unwind.
- Immersive Experience: Discover the magic of Marrakech with comfortable, beautifully designed rooms that reflect the city's rich heritage.
- Unbeatable Value: Book your stay at Riad Des Arts today and receive a complimentary welcome drink + 10% off your next spa treatment.
- Rest Assured: With comprehensive health and safety protocols, you can relax knowing your well-being is our priority.
Don't just visit Marrakech, experience it. Book your stay at Riad Des Arts now and create memories that will last a lifetime. Limited availability - click here to book your dream escape!
Unbelievable! This Gunung Anyar, Indonesia Hidden Gem Will Blow Your Mind!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups. My trip to Riad Des Arts in Marrakech? Let's just say it was… an experience. This itinerary isn't going to be a sterile, colour-by-numbers travel guide. This is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, as I remember it, warts and all. Prepare for a bumpy ride. Marrakech Mayhem: A Riad Des Arts Rendezvous (and a Whole Lot More)
Pre-Trip Panic (and Packing Fails)
- Two Weeks Before: Ugh, I'm going to Morocco! OMG, what do I even pack? Linen pants? Check. Headscarf? Doubly check. Enough Immodium? Triple check. (I have a sensitive stomach, okay?) That feeling of pure unadulterated dread and excitement all mixed? That's what I call pre-trip bliss.
- Days Before: Spent an entire afternoon trying to learn 5 simple phrases in Arabic on Duolingo. Failed miserably. My Arabic vocabulary now consists of "Shukran," "La Shukran," and "Where is the bathroom?" (priorities, people!) Oh, and I packed way too many shoes. Like, seriously, who was I kidding? I'm never going to wear those stilettos in the souk.
- The Day: Travel day. A blur of airport security, overpriced airport coffee, and a burning desire to get the hell out of here and just be.
Day 1: Arrival and Awkward First Impressions
- Afternoon (or, Getting Lost in the Labyrinth): Landed in Marrakech. Oh, the heat! It hit me like a physical force. Finding the Riad was a complete adventure. Let's just say the map app and I had a serious falling out. We were wandering through the souk – a sensory overload of spices, donkeys, and shopkeepers trying to sell you everything under the sun. Finally, after a solid hour of sweating, swearing (under my breath!), and feeling utterly lost, we found it. Riad Des Arts. Breathe.
- The Riad Itself: Okay, stepping inside was like entering another dimension. The courtyard was utterly stunning – a riot of colours and textures. The tiles, the fountain, the scent of orange blossoms! Pure Instagram gold. Even the resident cat, who was doing a sunbath on the nearest tiles, struck a pose for me.
- Evening: Dinner and a Cultural Identity Crisis: Dinner on the rooftop terrace. The view was incredible, the tagine was divine, and the company was… interesting. I ended up talking to a guy who only spoke French and another one who "hadn't travelled in ages" and couldn't remember anything. At the end of the day, it was amazing, but also a little bit exhausting. Cultural immersion: check (or, getting my Westernness exposed).
Day 2: Souk Shenanigans and Mint Tea Mayhem
- Morning: Breakfast at the Riad. Oh, the Moroccan mint tea! I swear I could drink that stuff all day, every day. And I almost did!
- Souk Delirium: The souk. Oh, the souk. I went in there with the intention of buying a few souvenirs, and ended up haggling for a rug with a guy who really looked like he hadn't slept in a week (and probably hadn't). After an hour of back-and-forth, I finally got it for a price I thought was reasonable. (Later, I found the exact same rug for half the price elsewhere. Sigh.)
- Afternoon: A cooking class! I've always loved to cook so I joined a cooking class. It was so much fun. I'm no professional, but I can still make some delicious dishes.
- Evening: Jet Lag and Hammam Hustle: Seriously, the jet lag was hitting me like a ton of bricks by now. The energy drain was real. Went to the hammam. The experience was… intense. Scrubbed, steamed, and oiled within an inch of my life, I walked out feeling clean but also slightly violated. Worth it, though.
Day 3: Jardin Majorelle and a Spiritual Awakening (Maybe?)
- Morning: Jardin Majorelle. Oh. My. God. The colour! The tranquility! The sheer beauty! It was like walking into a painting. I took so many photos, my phone was threatening to burst. Yves Saint Laurent: you were a genius.
- Afternoon: The Desert of the Soul: I'd booked a day trip to the Agafay Desert thinking it would be a quiet, introspective experience. It was not. It was a bumpy, dusty, adrenaline-fueled ride on a quad bike (which I nearly flipped over twice). The desert itself was stunning. The silence, the vastness… it was a moment of peace, even with the near-death experiences.
- Evening: Rooftop Revelations and More Tagine: Another rooftop dinner, another delicious tagine. This time, I decided to try and connect with the other guests and learn more about their culture.
Day 4: A Day of Rest (and Regret)
- Morning: Slept in! Bliss! The rest was needed
- Afternoon: The Real Marrakech Experience: I decided, in my infinite wisdom, to wander the streets alone. I got utterly, hopelessly lost. I ended up in some back alley where a donkey tried to steal my bag. Okay, maybe not the best idea.
- Evening: I spent the rest of the evening relaxing at the Riad. It was nice to relax.
Day 5: Farewell Fantasies and Departures
Morning: One last mint tea, one last walk through the souk (this time, without buying anything). Said goodbye to the Riad cat (who, by this point, had become my friend).
Afternoon: Back to the airport. Goodbye, Marrakech. You were beautiful, chaotic, frustrating, and utterly unforgettable. I'll be back. (Eventually. After a very long nap.) Anecdotes and Rambles, Oh My:
Food Fails: I attempted to order a coffee in Arabic. Utter disaster. The waiter just stared at me. Finally, I just pointed.
The Language Barrier: It's real, and it's brutal. Learning a few basic phrases is a must, but don't expect to have deep philosophical conversations.
Haggling Hell: Learn to haggle. Seriously. It's part of the experience, even if you feel like a terrible person doing it. But make it fun!
The Cats: They're everywhere. They're beautiful. And they'll charm the socks off you.
The Unexpected: Things rarely go according to plan. Embrace the chaos. It's part of the magic.
Emotional Reactions (The Unvarnished Truth):
- Overwhelmed: So many sights, sounds, smells, and… just so much!
- Excited: The vibrant culture and history were intoxicating.
- Frustrated: Sometimes I just wanted to be back in my comfort zone.
- Inspired: The beauty and resilience of the Moroccan people are inspiring.
- Exhausted: Did I mention the jet lag? And the heat?
- Sad: Leaving the Riad Des Arts. It was my sanctuary in the chaos.
Quirky Observations:
- The sheer amount of mint tea consumed is probably unhealthy. But who cares?
- The shopkeepers have an uncanny ability to find you, even when you're desperately trying to avoid them.
- The desert is both terrifying and incredibly beautiful.
Missing categories
- Money matters: I took out over 100 Euros and I had no problem at all.
- Food: I loved the food so much. Everything was delicious and the only thing I didn't enjoy was that I ate way too much!
- Night life: I don't go out at night. I was tired.
Opinionated Language:
- Overrated: Some of the "must-see" places felt like tourist traps.
- Amazing: The rooftop dinners at Riad Des Arts were worth the price.
Messy, Honest, and Utterly Human:
There you have it. My trip to Marrakech. Not perfect, not polished, but real. It was a whirlwind of emotions, experiences, and memories. And if you go, prepare yourself. You're in for a ride.
JSI Resort Indonesia: Paradise Found? You Won't Believe This!Riad Des Arts: So, You're Thinking About Going? Buckle Up. (My Rambling Thoughts Included)
Okay, spill the tea. Is Riad Des Arts *really* as luxurious as it sounds? I'm talking REAL luxury, not hotel-brochure luxury.
Alright, let's be honest. We're all jaded travelers these days. "Luxury" has been watered down to mean "slightly nicer than a Motel 6." But… Riad Des Arts? Okay, *that* was a different story. They're legit. Think, like, opulent without being stuffy. Imagine Moroccan craftsmanship exploding in every corner, exquisite tiles under your feet, and the scent of orange blossoms wafting through the air. It's not just "fancy," it's immersive. I swear, I spent a solid hour just staring at the ceiling of my room the first night, mesmerized by the intricate carvings. (Yes, I’m a total weirdo, I know.) My only small gripe? The bathroom had a slight water pressure issue, but that's me being *incredibly* nitpicky. And honestly, who cares really? That's part of the charm right?!
Location, Location, Location! Is it a pain to get to? I hate feeling lost and overwhelmed.
Okay, so here's the thing. It's nestled *inside* the Medina, which means… you WILL get a bit lost initially. Embrace it! Look, I consider myself a seasoned traveler, I've "seen things", but even *I* wandered around the souks like a bewildered tourist for a good twenty minutes. It's part of the experience! The Riad staff arranged a private transfer, which was a GODSEND. Seriously. Do it. They collect you from the airport, and from there it's a short walk through the narrow, winding streets. The driver drops you off at the edge of the alleys, and then a porter from the property takes your luggage, which is SO helpful. It's an adventure but don't try navigating the Medina with heavy luggage if you're not used to the chaos!
The food! Tell me about the food! I'm a foodie, and this could make or break the whole experience.
OH. MY. GOODNESS. Okay, deep breaths. The food… was phenomenal. I'm not exaggerating when I say it was some of the best food *I've ever eaten*. Breakfast was a feast; fresh pastries, fruit, yogurt, the works. And seriously, the mint tea? Forget everything you think you know about mint tea. This was next level, a perfect balance of sweet and refreshing. One day, the chef (who I'm pretty sure is a wizard) whipped up a tagine that made me want to weep with joy. Seriously. I may or may not have snuck a second helping. (Don't judge me!) The only downside? My clothes felt tighter by the end of the trip. Seriously, pack stretchy pants. (You've been warned!)
What's the vibe like? Is it a party place, or a chill-out-and-recharge kind of spot?
Riad Des Arts is definitely more chill-out-and-recharge. It's peaceful. Think serene courtyards with trickling fountains, perfect for sipping mint tea and reading a book. There’s some lovely music playing, but it never interferes with your relaxation. The staff are kind and considerate. (I even saw one of them gently shooing a cat away from the breakfast pastries. Bless them!). It's the kind of place where you can truly disconnect and forget about the craziness of the outside world. If you're looking to party, this isn't it. Head to a hotel with a rooftop bar for that. But if you're craving tranquility, this is your heaven on earth.
The Staff: Did the service live up to the hype? I'm a picky person, and good service is a must.
The staff… oh, the staff! They were *exceptional*. Seriously, I’m trying to remember where the 'but' is here, but… there isn't one. Everyone was genuinely friendly, helpful, and went above and beyond. They anticipated my needs before I even knew what I wanted (pretty impressive, since I wasn't even sure what I wanted half the time). I had a minor issue—the AC wasn't working quite as I expected—and they fixed it IMMEDIATELY. They make you feel like royalty, but in a warm, genuine way, not a stuffy, pretentious way. They were the best part of the whole experience. They deserve a raise! (I hope they get one!)
Any hidden gems or experiences the Riad offers that aren't widely advertised? (Secret rooftop terrace? Cooking class?)
Okay, this is where it gets REALLY good. The Riad offers a variety of experiences. There's a cooking class, which is an absolute must! You learn to make traditional Moroccan dishes like tagine and couscous, and then you get to eat the delicious fruits of your labor. (That's pretty good, right?!) The rooftop is amazing, perfect for watching the sunset over the city. But the truly hidden gem? The spa! It is small, and incredibly intimate. I had a hammam and it was seriously transformative. My skin was glowing afterwards. It was a completely relaxing experience. (Just be prepared to be naked with a stranger. It's a Moroccan tradition, and it's totally fine, trust me.)
Is it noisy at night? How do you sleep with all those cats roaming around?
Inside the Riad, it's generally very quiet. The thick walls keep out most of the noise from the Medina. The call to prayer wakes you up early, but that's part of the charm, or a gentle reminder that hey, you're in Morocco! The cats? They are everywhere in Marrakesh -- and I'd seen them around the Riad. I personally love cats, they're graceful and elegant creatures, and can add something beautiful to a place. I didn't experience any noise or disruptions from the cats in the Riad. They're more interested in sunbathing than partying.
Okay, fine, but what *didn't* you like? Be honest!
Alright, alright, fine. I'll be brutally honest. The only *real* downside… and this is SUPER petty… there were a few tiny flies buzzing around at breakfast sometimes. Nothing major, and they were swiftly dealt with, but a slight annoyance. And the waterStay Classy Hotels