Escape to Paradise: Nguyen Long Hotel, Vietnam - Your Dream Vacation Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving HEADFIRST into the supposed "paradise" that is the Nguyen Long Hotel in Vietnam. Forget those perfectly curated brochures, you're getting the REAL DEAL – the good, the bad, and the slightly bizarre. And I'm here to tell you, it's a rollercoaster. Let's see if you should actually consider this place your dream vacation.
First Impressions (And Let's Be Honest, the Anxiety of Arrival):
Alright, accessibility. This is HUGE for me, and honestly, a deal-breaker. The website claimed wheelchair accessibility. Okay. Big breath. Did it deliver? Let’s just say… sometimes. The main areas were mostly okay. Ramps were present, but some felt more like a suggestion than a genuine solution. The elevators worked, which is a major plus. But navigating certain areas, like the pool, felt like a freakin’ obstacle course. They tried, bless their hearts, but it's definitely not a 100% slam dunk. More of a… gently lobbed underhand pitch.
Rooms: Your Personal Oasis (Or, You Know, a Room):
The rooms? Well, available in all rooms: We have a LOT going on. Air conditioning? Check. Alarm clock? Check. Bathrobes? Double check. Bathroom phone? Wait, what? Did anyone even use those anymore? Okay, I didn't. But the robes were nice. Bathrooms have the usual things like Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], and a Window that opens, all that's just standard here. But honestly? When you arrive, you just want a clean bed and strong Wi-Fi. The included Internet access – wireless was strong and free, which is a major win. The bed was… fine. Comfortable enough to collapse into after a long travel day.
Internet: The Digital Lifeline (Or, The Source of Infinite Frustration):
Free Wi-Fi? YES! In the rooms? YES! Everywhere else? Mostly yes. But here’s the catch: the internet sometimes felt like it was running on dial-up. Especially during peak hours. This is the 21st century, people! We need the internet! I needed the internet to post about my vacation on social media! I needed it for the free Internet access – wireless. It was annoying. I’m not going to lie.
Food, Glorious Food (Or, The Buffet of Disappointment and Delight):
Okay, alright, let’s be real…food is LIFE. And the Nguyen Long Hotel gave me plenty to talk about in that department.
- Breakfast: Asian breakfast, Western breakfast (plus the more boring options, sadly). The breakfast buffet was the classic, and was buffet in restaurant and breakfast [buffet]. I'm not gonna lie, on my first day I was so excited! I had a whole plate! Then, I kinda got sick of. It was like, a whole lot of the same stuff. But hey, coffee/tea in restaurant and coffee shop and a room for breakfast takeaway service.
- Dinning: Buffet in restaurant, yeah, I mentioned that. A la carte in restaurant was much better, I have to say. You could actually get some good dishes here. There was a Vegetarian restaurant, which had some nice choices for anyone who wanted one. Asian cuisine in restaurant and Western cuisine in restaurant. They had some nice options.
- Other dining options: Bar, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Snack bar, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Bottle of water.
For the Kids (Or, How to Keep the Little Monsters Occupied):
This place is family/child friendly. There's a babysitting service if you're feeling brave enough to leave your precious little ones, or not, who am I to judge? There were Kids facilities and Kids meal, to make sure your children behave while in the hotel.
Things to Do (Or, How to Avoid Extreme Boredom):
- The Pool: The swimming pool [outdoor] was lovely to watch from the pool with view. However, it was a little crowded.
- Spa: The spa felt like a true escape. I tried the Body scrub and Body wrap – and wow. Pure bliss. They offer massage, and a foot bath was a bonus that gave the whole place an edge up.
- Fitness Center: Fitness center, Gym/fitness were not bad, but could be better, a bit old school, so it's not the best.
- More ways to relax: Sauna, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, and this is where its strength lays.
Cleanliness and Safety (Because, You Know, the Pandemic):
The hotel takes hygiene seriously, and that's reassuring. They had Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer available everywhere. They got Hygiene certification, they offer Individually-wrapped food options, there’s Physical distancing of at least 1 meter. They sanitized the kitchens. The staff trained in safety protocol.
Services and Conveniences (The Little Things That Matter):
They have a lot of facilities available. Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center. They've got everything to make your life easier – or at least, less stressful.
Getting Around (The Logistics of Adventure):
The hotel has Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site]. To get where you want to go, there's Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car power charging station, Taxi service, and Valet parking.
Quirky Observations and Emotional Reactions (The Good, the Bad, and the Slightly Off-Kilter):
Okay, here’s where it gets interesting. I spent an eternity trying to find the perfect cafe, the perfect view, the perfect… you get the idea. I'm a sucker for the aesthetics. The hotel, bless it, had… a few interesting decorative choices. Let’s just say the interior design was unique. I saw the occasional dust bunnies and the occasional wonky picture frame. It wasn’t exactly a design magazine spread, but it had character. Or, you know, a lack of funds for a major renovation. Whatever. Some areas needed updating, absolutely. But I kinda liked the imperfections, you know? It felt… real. It felt lived-in. And the staff…Oh, the staff. They were genuinely lovely. Always smiling, always trying their best, even when my requests were a bit… out there. Their warmth more than made up for the occasional glitch.
The Verdict: Should You Book It? (My Honest Two Cents):
Here’s the deal: the Nguyen Long Hotel is not a flawless paradise. It's a bit rough around the edges. The internet is temperamental. The accessibility is a work in progress. Some things like the room decorations could be so much better. However, the staff are great. The spa is amazing.
Is it your dream vacation? Maybe. If you're seeking perfect luxury, maybe not. If you're looking for a place that’s comfortable, with lots of good things, and with people who genuinely care about making your stay pleasant, then absolutely, give it a shot. It's charming in its own way, and with a few improvements, this place could be truly fantastic.
Here's my honest opinion: It's a solid choice if you value the above. It's a place where you can relax, recharge, and experience the local culture.
The Offer: Book Your Escape to Paradise (Almost)!
Okay, so are you going to book? You will…
Special Deal: Book your stay at Escape to Paradise: Nguyen Long Hotel through [Your Website/Booking Platform] within the next 30 days and receive a free massage at the spa, AND 10% discount on all food and drinks. This place will not be a perfect paradise, but it will be well worth it!
Montpellier Getaway: Unforgettable Stay at Best Western Hotelio!Alright, buckle up, buttercup, because we're diving headfirst into the beautifully chaotic world that is… my trip to the Nguyen Long Hotel in Vietnam. Forget your perfectly polished travel blogs, this is the real deal. Strap in, because it's gonna be a bumpy, hilarious, and maybe slightly tearful ride.
The Nguyen Long Hotel Heist (or, My Attempt at a Relaxing Getaway): A Disorganized Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival and "Oh God, What Have I Done?" Syndrome
- Morning (ish): Landed in… somewhere. Vietnam. Gorgeous. Jet lag hit me like a rogue wave. Sat in the taxi, fighting the urge to barf. The driver kept gesturing emphatically at the scenery, which was a blur of scooters, honking, and a general feeling of "welcoming chaos." I probably gave him the dead-eyed stare of a zombie.
- Late Morning (and maybe early afternoon? Time is a construct here): Finally, the Nguyen Long Hotel (insert dramatic music). Beautiful rooftop pool, they said. Panoramic views, they said. Lies. Well, maybe not lies, exactly. The pool did exist, and the view was a view… of more buildings. Still, it was a relief to be out of the taxi, even if I was pretty sure I'd brought every single ounce of my luggage.
- Afternoon: Check-in. The staff was an unfathomable combination of incredibly polite and seemingly oblivious to my existence. Got the key. Found the room. It was… a room. Clean enough, I guess. Bed looked comfy. Immediate decision: nap. Post-nap: panic. I still have no idea where I'm actually supposed to go. Felt like I'd been plonked onto a different planet.
- Evening: Wandered aimlessly, lost in the maze of streets surrounding the hotel, my stomach rumbling. Food stalls EVERYWHERE. Smells I couldn’t identify, but knew, knew, I had to try. Ended up with some mystery noodles. They were… good. And spicy. And I ate them all. Victory. The first of many, I hoped. Back to the hotel. Exhausted. Fell asleep like a rock.
(Emotional Breakdown Alert!): Honestly, the first few hours were brutal. I was convinced I'd made a massive mistake. The culture shock? Overwhelming. The language barrier? Deafening (in my head, at least). I wanted to throw myself back on the plane. But, that damn bed was just so inviting.
Day 2: The Pho Pilgrimage and a Motorcycle Existential Crisis
- Morning: Woke up, miraculously, feeling semi-human. Decided to channel my deepest-dark travel blogger self, which, as a natural disaster, led to me to search for the perfect pho. Found a tiny, bustling place that looked promising. Ordered pho. Watched the chef prepare it with a speed and grace that defied physics. Ate pho. Utter bliss. My tastebuds are still doing the cha-cha.
- Mid-Morning: I, a person who avoids anything with two wheels, decided I must conquer the local transport: a motorbike. I rented one. It was orange. I named her, "Orangina." This was a mistake. Within 20 minutes I would have been dead due the the pure speed and confidence the local drivers had.
- Afternoon: Survived the bike, and explored the area around the hotel. More wandering, more food (spring rolls! Fresh fruit! More mystery dishes!). Tried to bargain. Failed miserably. Paid double. Still, the food was delicious. I tried to talk to the locals, but mostly just smiled and made vague hand gestures. They seemed amused.
- Evening: Back to the hotel. Rooftop pool (finally used it!). The view was still there, but I was starting to accept it. The "Oh God, What Have I Done?" Syndrome was easing. Maybe this trip wouldn't be a total disaster after all. Ordered room service (yay for air conditioning and comfort). It was… okay. My standards are definitely dropping.
(Quirky Observation): The motorbikes are like a living, breathing organism. They weave through traffic with an almost preternatural sense. I swear, they have a collective hive mind. And they’re loud. Like, "wake up your ancestors" loud.
Day 3: The Market Mayhem and the Karaoke Catastrophe
- Morning: Hit the local market. Sensory overload. Colors, smells, sounds… everything, everything, happening at once. Bargained for a souvenir (a hideous, yet strangely endearing, ceramic frog). Got completely ripped off, again. Worth it. Wandered through the stalls for another hour – buying something, then buying more, then getting bored and deciding to eat.
- Mid-Day: Decided i must explore the shopping district, i'm not a shopper but this district seemed amazing for a small child.
- Afternoon: The great Karaoke catastrophe. The hotel had a Karaoke room. I, fueled by a questionable amount of beer, volunteered. Picked a karaoke song. "I Will Survive. " I massacred it. Vocally murdered it. The staff politely applauded. I slunk away, vowing never to sing again.
- Evening: Ate dinner at a restaurant down the street. The food was delicious. The company, me.
(Emotional Reaction): The karaoke experience was a mix of pure, unadulterated cringe and a secret thrill of defiance. I belted out every wrong note, and for a few glorious minutes, I was the most ridiculous person in that room. I'll regret it later, for sure.
Day 4: The Departure (and a Reluctant Goodbye)
- Morning: Last breakfast. The pho place. Of course. Said goodbye to my temporary home. My room. Packed. Double-checked to make sure I hadn’t left anything (I probably had). Said goodbye to the staff. Some kind of emotion welled up.
- Mid-Day: Taxi to the airport. The drive back was more familiar this time. The chaos seemed less overwhelming, more… charming. Actually smiled at a few people. Did not barf in the taxi. Achievement unlocked.
- Afternoon: At the airport. Reflecting. Vietnam. Challenging. Beautiful. Exhausting. And, dare I say it… I think I loved it. The food, the people, the chaos… it all got under my skin.
- Evening: On the plane. Writing this insane itinerary. Feeling strangely happy. Maybe, just maybe, I’d do it all again.
(Messy Rambling): I’m not sure what I expected from this trip. But what I got was something far more messy, imperfect, and utterly brilliant. The Nguyen Long Hotel was my base camp. The food was amazing. The chaos, well, it just added to the experience. I learned a lot, faced some fears, and ate a truly terrifying amount of noodles. Vietnam, you’ve got me. Now, where to next?
Escape to Paradise: Peermont Metcourt, Bethlehem's Hidden GemEscape to Paradise: Nguyen Long Hotel - Your Dream Vacation Awaits... or Does It? (Let's Be Real!)
Okay, so *is* the Nguyen Long Hotel actually paradise, or is that just, y'know, marketing fluff?
Alright, let's be honest, "paradise" is a *strong* word. Like, "perfect" strong. And nothing, *nothing* is perfect. But... the Nguyen Long Hotel in Vietnam? It's got potential. HUGE potential. I went there expecting, like, a perfectly curated Instagram feed come to life. And, bless its soul, it tried. But the reality? Far messier, far more authentic, and, in a weird way, far more *paradise-adjacent* than I could have imagined.
Picture this: you step off the plane, the air hits you, thick and jasmine-scented, and you just *melt*. Then you find yourself sweating profusely while navigating the chaotic, beautiful mayhem of the city. You arrive at the hotel, and... well, the lobby isn't quite as pristine as the photos. There’s a slightly grumpy-looking gecko sunning itself on the welcome desk. But the *staff*? They were so incredibly kind. One of them, a woman named Lan, I swear, carried my heaviest bag (which weighed, ahem, approximately the same as a small pony) up three flights of stairs because the elevator was "temporarily taking a break." And then she gave me a water bottle and a huge, genuine smile. That's paradise-adjacent, right there.
The pool. Is it, like, Instagram-worthy? Because that's important, you know.
The pool... Ah, the pool. Okay, so it's not *exactly* the infinity pool of your dreams. It's not crystal clear; let's just say it has a healthy dose of "lived-in" charm. There might be a stray leaf or two. Perhaps a rogue floating flower. Don't expect a fully-staffed cabana boy service with tiny towels every five seconds. BUT... hear me out. The pool is *perfectly fine*. It’s refreshing. And the best part? The view. From the pool, you get glimpses of the city, the hustle and bustle, and the vibrant life all around. I spent an afternoon there, pretending to be a glamorous, world-weary traveler, which was immediately ruined when my inflatable flamingo – yes, I brought an inflatable flamingo! Don't judge – sprang a leak. Turns out, paradise *can* involve chasing your deflating flamingo around the pool. Still, it's a good pool. Just... manage your expectations. And bring a patch kit for your flamingo.
What about the rooms? Are they clean? Because bed bugs are a nightmare.
Alright. The rooms. Okay, the rooms. They are... mostly clean. Let's put it that way. The first room I got, I swear, had a family of ants plotting something vaguely nefarious in the corner (probably taking over the entire hotel, the little devils). But, after a quick request, I got another room, and, for the most part, it was fine! Clean sheets, a working AC (thank GOD), and a balcony with a *slightly* obstructed view (again with the realities - one of the problems of a hotel in a densely populated city). No bed bugs that I could see (and trust me, I *looked*!). But... here's the thing. The charm of travel isn't always flawless, polished perfection. It's the little imperfections, the slightly dusty lampshade, the slightly wonky showerhead. They add character. They make you feel like you're *really there*, not just in a carefully constructed advertisement.
The food! Tell me about the food! I'm drooling already!
Oh. My. God. The food. Okay. Let's talk about the *breakfast*. I am still, *years* later, having dreams about the pho at the hotel. The flavor? Unforgettable. The freshness? Divine. The portion size? Enough to fuel a small army. Honestly, I think I ate pho every single day. I'm pretty sure I even tried to smuggle some back in my suitcase (don't judge!). The hotel also offered a fantastic variety of other dishes – fresh fruit, delicious pastries (the croissants! Ooh, the croissants!), and a whole array of other Vietnamese specialties. There was a slightly questionable fruit juice machine - it was always a gamble on whether it was going to be refreshing or slightly... off. But overall? The food was one of the highlights. Absolutely, undeniably, a taste of paradise. Forget perfect, the food at Nguyen Long was *glorious.*
Is it noisy? I need my beauty sleep.
Noise. Yep. It's Vietnam. And the Nguyen long is *in* a city. You're going to hear things. Motorbikes, honking taxis, the occasional karaoke session that lasts until the wee hours of the morning. I'm a light sleeper, and let me tell you, the first night? Rough. I thought I was going to lose it. But then, the second night, I was so exhausted from exploring and eating all the pho, I slept like a baby. And the next night, I got used to it. Honestly, the noise became part of the charm. It's the sound of life, the sound of the city waking up, the sound of adventure beginning. If you're really sensitive, bring earplugs. But also, embrace the chaos. It's part of what makes the experience so unforgettable. If you want total silence, maybe try a monastery on a remote mountaintop. But then, you might miss the pho.
What's the best thing about the Nguyen Long Hotel? Dish! Dish, I say!
Okay, here's the real dish. The absolute, hands-down, best thing about the Nguyen Long Hotel? It's the *people*. Not the perfectly staged photos on the website, not the spotless rooms (eventually), not even the phenomenal pho. It's the staff. Lan, the hero who carried my bag; the friendly breakfast attendant who always remembered my coffee order; the concierge who helped me navigate the local markets. They weren't just polite; they were genuinely kind, patient, and helpful, without being pushy. They cared. They made you feel welcome. They were the heart and soul of the hotel. That, my friends, is what makes a vacation truly special. They were the part of the "paradise" equation I didn't know I needed. More than anything, they made me feel *seen*. And that, truly, is priceless.
Would you go back? Be honest!
Would I go back? Without a moment's hesitation. Even knowing all the imperfections, the occasional ant infestation, and the potential for a deflating flamingo incident. Because, honestly, the flaws are part of the fun. The memories are tied up in them! And, most importantly, I want to go back for the pho. And to say hi to Lan. So, yes. Absolutely. BookBoutique Inns