Plaza Nueva Deluxe 5: Your Dream Spanish Escape Awaits!
Plaza Nueva Deluxe 5: My Spanish Escape Dream? Let's Dive In! (Brace Yourself, It's Gonna Be Honest)
Okay, so I've just spent, like, a week living (read: existing and mostly eating tapas) in Plaza Nueva Deluxe 5, the place that promises you a "Dream Spanish Escape." Did it deliver? Well, buckle up, because this won't be your typical, sugar-coated review. It's going to be… messy. Just like my suitcase after unpacking. (And the delicious mess of crumbs on my shirt after that second churro.)
Accessibility & Getting Around (or, the "Can I Actually Get There?" Chapter)
First things first: Accessibility. HUGE plus that they have facilities for disabled guests. I didn't personally need them, thank goodness, but it's reassuring to know they're clearly thinking about everyone. The elevator? Solid, worked perfectly. (Phew, I have a fear of elevators that decide to take a nap mid-journey!) Free car park? Yes, please! Valet parking is also an option, which is perfect for anyone who, like me, can't parallel park to save their life. Airport transfer available - THANK GOODNESS. Jet lag + trying to find a hotel? That's a recipe for disaster. They also have a taxi service. Phew.
Internet - Or, How I Survived Without Social Media (and Almost Went Bonkers)
Alright, let's talk about Wi-Fi because, let’s be real, in the age of Instagram, this is crucial. They promise Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! And it WORKED! Praise be. Seriously though, it was reliable. I’m usually a nervous wreck without internet, so this was massive. They also offer Internet [LAN] if you're into that old-school wired thing. (My dad still uses a LAN cable. Bless him.) Internet services were also a-okay.
Cleanliness & Safety - Because Post-Covid, This Matters (A LOT)
Okay, this is where Plaza Nueva Deluxe 5 really shone. They are clearly taking hygiene super seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Rooms sanitized between stays? Big check. Hand sanitizer everywhere. I felt genuinely safe. They even put up hygiene certification to prove it. And the staff? Trained in safety protocol. You could tell. I appreciated that. Safe dining setup was another plus. They even had individually-wrapped food options, which, let's be real, is a godsend in the age of everything. Bonus points for the doctor/nurse on call and first aid kit. I didn't need either (thankfully!), but just knowing those things are there is comforting. They also had Sterilizing equipment, which is an extra step that put my mind at ease.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - Where the Magic (and the Calories) Happen
Right, the most important part. The food. The lifeblood of any good trip. There's a bar, a coffee shop, and restaurants – plural! They've got it all. A breakfast [buffet] every morning. Honestly, the buffet was decent. Not spectacular, but certainly adequate. They had Western breakfast, veggie stuff, and Asian breakfast. They also had options for alternative meal arrangement, which is great. And the Asian cuisine in restaurant was very welcome. Oh, and more importantly, a poolside bar. The Poolside bar was my jam. I spent an embarrassing amount of an afternoon there, sipping a cold drink and watching the sun do its thing. They also offer room service [24-hour]. This is a must on a trip like this. I did feel let my self. The coffee/tea in restaurant was also perfect. The happy hour made me even more happy. And they also offered desserts in restaurant, which is a life-saver. And if you needed anything to eat you could get salad in restaurant, soup in restaurant. They also have Snack bar. They even had bottle of water in my room.
Things to Do and Ways to Relax - Spoil Yourself (You Deserve It!)
So, relaxing. Let's be honest, after battling crowds for tapas and mastering the art of siesta timing, you need it. They have a Fitness center – which I avoided like the plague (hey, I'm on vacation!). But they have much better stuff. A Pool with view? Check! A Spa/sauna? Yes, yes, YES! I'm not sure if it's the best in the world, but the sauna was bliss. I definitely used the Steamroom. And, get this, they also have a Body scrub and a massage. Oh, and a Foot bath! The view from the pool was STUNNING and completely worth the lazy days in the sun. Okay, the gym is here… BUT I didn't go there.
Rooms - Your Personal Spanish Sanctuary (Did They Deliver?)
Okay, the rooms themselves. Look, they’re nice. They're clean. They're comfortable. They have all the things you'd expect: Air conditioning, blackout curtains, a private bathroom, a desk and a safe box (super important for those rogue euros). Free Wi-Fi. Again, essential. The slippers were a nice touch, but didn't fit me. They had hair dryer, bathrobes, and towels too. The mirror helped me look good. They had Satellite/cable channels. And a bathtub. They had a mini bar. A coffee/tea maker. They also had Linens. I could open the window and get some fresh air. My room had a sofa which was a great perk. They have non-smoking rooms (thank goodness).
Services and Conveniences - The Little Things That Make a Difference
Alright, let’s look at the supporting cast. They have a concierge that helped me with everything. They provided daily housekeeping, which kept the place sparkling. They had a convenience store, which was great for snacks. There's laundry service and dry cleaning. Luggage storage is essential for last-day shopping sprees. They also provide essential condiments. They had an elevator that worked, unlike that one trip to Paris. Facilities for disabled guests. And a doorman. And they even have a cash withdrawal which is a helpful thing.
For the Kids - If You're Traveling With Minions
I wasn't traveling with kids, but they have Babysitting service and are clearly family/child friendly. There's Kids facilities but I didn't make my way there.
Getting Around - The Real Deal
They have car park [free of charge] and a car park [on-site]. They had a taxi service which was super useful.
Couple's Room?
I didn't personally request a couple's room, but they have it as an option, which is an important part.
Rooms - Available in all rooms
They had Air conditioning, an alarm clock, bathrobes, the bathtub, blackout curtains, coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea, daily housekeeping, desk, free bottled water, hair dryer, in-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, ironing facilities, laptop workspace, linens, mini bar, mirror, non-smoking, private bathroom, reading light, refrigerator, satellite/cable channels, seating area, separate shower/bathtub, shower, slippers, smoke detector, socket near the bed, sofa, soundproofing, telephone, toiletries, towels, umbrella, and wake-up service.
My Verdict (The Honest Truth!)
Okay, here's the thing. Plaza Nueva Deluxe 5 isn't flawless. No hotel is. But it's really good. The location is fantastic, the cleanliness is top-notch, and the staff are friendly and helpful. The spa was heaven. The pool with the view gave me some of best moments I've had in the past few months. It ticked all the boxes, and for the price? A total steal. I have already started to consider going back.
So, should you book? YES!
Here's my super-special, super-honest, "Book Now!" Offer:
"Escape to Plaza Nueva Deluxe 5: Your Dream Spanish Escape Awaits!"
- Experience the best of Granada with our amazing package!
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms
- Spa/Sauna Access.
- Daily Breakfast Buffet Included.
- Free Car Parking.
- Air Conditioning.
- 24-hour room service.
Honestly, if you want a comfortable, convenient, and genuinely relaxing Spanish escape, Plaza Nueva Deluxe 5 is a fantastic choice. Book it. Go. Enjoy. And
Chendu Police Officer College: Your Comfort Inn Near the Metro!Plaza Nueva Deluxe 5: My Spanish Fiesta of Flop Sweats and Fantastic Finds (Maybe a Tapas-Induced Nap or Two)
Okay, so here's the rough draft, the barely-held-together-with-duct-tape plan for my Plaza Nueva Deluxe 5 adventure. Don't judge. I'm going for authentic chaos, okay? And by authentic chaos, I mean me, probably lost, possibly hungry, and definitely a touch overwhelmed by the sheer beauty of everything.
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Tapas Hunt of Granada
- Morning (8:00 AM - Give or take a flight delay): Touchdown in Granada! Finally! The real start. I'm picturing myself, effortlessly chic, gliding off the plane. The reality? Me, slightly crumpled from the flight, desperately searching for the baggage claim while mumbling about forgetting my noise-canceling headphones. Ugh.
- Morning (9:00 AM -ish): Finding the baggage, probably with one rogue strap flapping wildly. Triumph! Then, the taxi ordeal. Praying it's not driven by a speed demon. Praying the air conditioning works. Praying my Spanish, which consists of "Hola" and "Dos cervezas, por favor," will get me to my hotel.
- Midday (11:00 AM -ish): Check into Plaza Nueva Deluxe 5! Okay, first impressions… it’s even more gorgeous in person. Honestly, the lobby alone is worth the trip. Time for a proper unpacking, or, more accurately, shoving everything into drawers and pretending it's all organized. Then, the real mission begins: Tapas! Granada is famed for free tapas with drinks. This is where my training begins, and I'm more than ready! (Secretly, I'm really excited about the free food).
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 5:00 PM): The Great Tapas Hunt! First, stumble around Plaza Nueva, marveling at the Alhambra looming above me like a majestic, slightly judgmental giant. Drink a "tinto de verano" (basically wine mixed with lemonade – genius!) and eat whatever comes my way! I read some blog about this place, "Bodegas Castañeda" or somethin', so maybe I'll start there. The goal? Try everything. Fail miserably. Love it. (Expect some minor casualties – potential olive pit-related incidents, maybe a dropped plate or two.) This is where that stream-of-consciousness kicks in. I'm telling you - this place is amazing. I order the "croquetas" and get hit with like, 6 croquettes at once - it's amazing. My brain does a little dance. I'm chatting with the bartenders, even though my Spanish is the linguistic equivalent of interpretive dance. Then I hear the people next to me, and I realize the way I'm holding my fork is probably a crime. And this old lady, she's got the perfect smile, like she knows all the secrets of the universe, and she just keeps eating olives!
- Evening (6:00 PM - 7:00 PM) : A brief, and I mean brief, attempt at a siesta. The tapas, the sun… it's a dangerous combination. I might wake up two hours later, confused about the time, and possibly drooling. No judgment.
- Evening (7:00 PM - onwards): Evening stroll and more tapas! Back to those charming streets. Maybe look for some Flamenco. Maybe fall asleep mid-performance. (Okay, probably.)
Day 2: The Alhambra and a (Probably) Failed Attempt at Cultural Immersion
- Morning (8:00 AM): Wake up, hopefully with a decent memory of the previous day. This is where the real headache begins: the Alhambra tickets. I booked months ago, and now I panic because I might have screwed it up when I was drunk and thought I was a booking wiz.
- Morning (9:00 AM -ish): The Alhambra! Majestic. Breathtaking. Overwhelming. I have a feeling I'll spend the first hour just trying to take it all in, and the next three hours desperately trying to remember what I'm looking at. The gardens! The courtyards! The history! I'm going to be the most cultured tourist ever, or maybe just the tourist who has an "Oh, wow" look on her face every five seconds.
- Midday (1:00 PM): Lunch. Hoping to find a little restaurant with a view, maybe somewhere with paella. And the thing is, I'm gonna attempt to order in Spanish - the moment of truth! This could be the best lunch of my life, or the most humiliating. (I'm betting on the latter)
- Afternoon (3:00 PM): Explore the Albaicín! Wandering around the old Moorish quarter. Get lost. Take photos. Try to appear like I know what I'm doing. I will inevitably end up on a tiny, winding street that looks like it was built by mischievous gnomes. Buy a ridiculously overpriced souvenir that I'll realize I don't need and will then spend the rest of the trip trying to hide. That's just me.
- Evening (7:00 PM): Find a rooftop bar (or, more likely, wander aimlessly until I stumble into one). Sip on a cocktail (or three) and watch the sunset over the Alhambra. This is the moment I'll attempt to be artistic and take artsy pictures. (They will probably be blurry.) Then, back to the tapas scene! Because, why not?
Day 3: Ham, Hills, and Hangovers (Possibly in That Order)
- Morning (9:00 AM): Slow start. The tapas, again. The altitude (maybe?), the sheer joy of living. I need coffee, like, a lot of coffee.
- Morning (10:00 AM): Hike up to the Sacromonte caves! I'm going to be ambitious, and I'm sure I'll regret it, but the views are supposed to be incredible. Praying I don't trip and roll down a hill.
- Midday (1:00 PM): Lunch in Sacromonte? Let's find a place with a rustic feel. Maybe a little cave restaurant? This is my chance to be "authentic."
- Afternoon (3:00 PM): Ham time! Visit a local "jamonería" and sample the best Iberian ham in the world. (Fact.) I'm preparing myself for an existential crisis, because that ham is supposed to be amazing. I'll probably buy a whole leg and try to smuggle it home. Don't tell anyone.
- Evening (7:00 PM): Farewell dinner! A final tapas round-up or, even better, something fancy. I'm not sure I can handle the fancy. Maybe a pizza. Honestly, at this point, I'm not sure I could eat a pizza. I might just stare at it. But I'm going to enjoy every single bite.
- Evening (9:00 PM): Pack my bags, and try to remember where I put all these souvenirs I have acquired.
Day 4: Adios Granada!
- Morning (whenever my body allows me to): Breakfast. One last "café con leche." Then, the dreaded packing: the inevitable realization that I've brought way too much stuff.
- Morning (Again, whenever): Final stroll through Plaza Nueva. One last longing look at the Alhambra.
- Midday: Head to the airport, probably stressed, slightly hungover, and already planning my return trip.
- Afternoon: Head home, with stories, memories, and a suitcase bursting at the seams with tapas-induced joy. And, probably, needing another vacation to recover from the vacation.
Final Thoughts:
This is just a starting point. Things will change. Plans will be abandoned. I'll get lost. I'll eat too much. I'll laugh a lot. I'll probably cry a little. But most of all, I'm going to experience Granada, the good, the bad, and the incredibly delicious. And that, my friends, is what matters! Viva la Granada!
Blythe's BEST Kept Secret: Unbeatable Value Inn!Plaza Nueva Deluxe 5: Your Dream Spanish Escape Awaits! (… Probably) - A Messy FAQ for the Curious
So, what *is* Plaza Nueva Deluxe 5, exactly? Is it like, a hotel? An apartment? Do I get my own butler? (I want a butler!)
Okay, deep breaths. Plaza Nueva Deluxe 5… picture this: you stroll into a charming, slightly crumbling corner of Granada, Spain. It's not a hotel, more like a swanky (allegedly) apartment rental. Think gorgeous tiles, maybe a balcony overlooking the Plaza Nueva… *maybe*. No butler, sadly. Believe me, I asked. Repeatedly. I even offered to tip *very* well. Nope. You're on your own, sister/brother, but hey, that's what makes it an adventure, right? Maybe you *can* hire someone to clean but I suggest the local tapas for the real experience.
Okay, sounds good…BUT, and it's a BIG BUT… is it actually *deluxe*? The name is a bit… ambitious, no?
"Deluxe." Ah, yes. The loaded word. Let's just say… it depends on your definition. The website photos are *immaculately* airbrushed. Think Instagram vs. Reality. My initial impression? "Charming." My *second* impression, after the shower's water pressure resembled a particularly lazy garden hose? "Potentially slightly overpriced." But then… you wake up, the sun streams in, and you're *in Granada*. That kinda cancels out the dodgy plumbing. Mostly. Look, it's comfortable, it's got everything you *need*. But if you're expecting gold taps and a Jacuzzi… lower those expectations, friend.
What's the location like? Is it noisy? Because I *need* my beauty sleep (and also, naps).
Location? Prime. Plaza Nueva itself is the heart of Granada. Restaurants, tapas bars spilling out onto the square… it's *alive*. Which means… yes, it can get noisy. VERY noisy. Especially on weekends. Honestly, I was so exhausted from the tapas and the sheer gorgeousness of the place, it was like a white noise machine on steroids. I heard the church bells once but that's about it. Earplugs are your friend. Or, embrace the fiesta. Just give up on the naps. Okay?
Tapas are good, right? Is it easy to get to the Alhambra from there? What about other things for tourists to see?
Oh, the Alhambra! Yes, you must go. It's a bit of journey uphill but doable. You can take the bus. Just be prepared to book your tickets *months* in advance. Don't be like me and spend an hour and a half weeping in the ticket queue, because you didn't plan ahead.
The rest of Granada is a treasure trove. The Albaicín (the old Moorish quarter) is a MUST. Get lost in the narrow, winding streets. The Cathedral is magnificent. And the tapas? Free with your drinks. FREE! Be cautious, though. That 'one last tapa' I always have invariably turns into a full-blown feast, then the next one... and the next one... Prepare to waddle. You should.
What's the actual apartment *like*? Be honest; will it be as gorgeous as those photos?
Okay. HONESTY TIME. Let's rewind to my first day. That balcony? Stunning. Views? To die for. The *rest* of the apartment? Well, let's just say it had "character." The tiles were beautiful, but slightly uneven. The furniture was stylish, but maybe a *little* bit past its prime. And the Wi-Fi? Pray. Pray to the Wi-Fi gods for a strong signal. I ended up going to a cafe to upload my stunning photos. But seriously, the *vibe* is amazing. That's what really matters, right?
What if something goes wrong? Is there help available?
Okay, so, I'll be real. I, uh, managed to lock myself out. (Don't judge. Jet lag is a thing.) The contact? Prompt, helpful, and patient with my slightly panicked phone calls. They were amazing. Other people have had similar good experiences. The maintenance guy… well, let's just say he arrived with a knowing smile and the distinct impression that this wasn't the first time he'd dealt with a dodgy shower head in this building. They'll sort you out. Eventually. Just pack snacks.
Is it good for families? Or more for a romantic getaway?
Families... hmmm. Depends on your family! Space is good. The stairs *could* be a problem. Be careful. If you've got a small kid, I'd definitely check this. The noise from the plaza might be a factor. Romantic getaway? Absolutely! Picture this: late-night wine on the balcony, the sound of Spanish guitar drifting up from the street… *swoon*. It's perfect for couples, for friends, but seriously, the stairs could be a problem if you can't carry your kids. I was a bit unsure.
So, would you recommend Plaza Nueva Deluxe 5? The final verdict?
Okay, here's the truth bomb: I miss it. I miss the chaotic charm, the tapas, the sheer *energy* of the place. Yes, it has its quirks. Yes, I had to take a cold shower one morning (insert dramatic sigh). But the location? Unbeatable. The experience? Unforgettable. Would I go back? In a heartbeat. Just remember to pack earplugs, a good sense of humor, and a willingness to embrace the beautiful, slightly imperfect chaos of Granada. Go. Now! Go eat those tapas! Tell them I sent you. (They probably won't care.)
Any tips? Before I actually *go*?
Book Alhambra tickets WAY in advance. Seriously, do it. I almost cried. Learn basic Spanish phrases. Even a "Hola" and "Gracias" goes a long way. Pack comfortable shoes. You'll be doing a *lot* of walking. Embrace the siesta. It's a beautiful thing. Try everything. Seriously, everything. And for heaven's sake, take pictures! You'll never quite believe it all happenedHotel Search Site